Home – New Forums Starting your journey The reality behind Retail/Hospitality Small Business! Must read for beginners! Reply To: The reality behind Retail/Hospitality Small Business! Must read for beginners!

Property Idiot
  • Total posts: 32
Up
::
MrSmithers, post: 82147 wrote:
Well if you think 99% of people who enjoy a decent coffee are snubs then go figure why people wouldn’t buy coffee from them.

We have 8 coffee shops in our little town, including a maccas cafe and the maccas coffee is the best and that is sad and everyone I talk with agrees, plus you don’t have to wait 10-15 minutes for it and you get a smile no matter how corporate it is.

But you know what? It’s got nothing to do with the product type or brand you are selling. It’s whether you believe it’s the best and your best person to sell it/make it/produce it. If you believe it’s the best your customers will want a piece of the action as well. Self psychology first, customer psychology 2nd.

I was meant to type “coffee Snob” not “snub”

anyway, as I mentioned its what ive experienced in my years involved in it, im not saying im right,

however, the number of times, ive had customers come up to me and talk to me for 5 mins about how they like their espresso including, how much creme, how coarse the grinding, the temperature of the water etc. etc. followed by the bagging of a particular competitors beans while not noticing that we used the same beans as them. Hospitality brings out a lot of strange people, as I believe that food in particular is seen as having low barriers of entry in terms of becoming/appearing as an expert.
just my 2c