Home – New Forums Starting your journey Feedback on a new article I have written on the Business Planning Process Reply To: Feedback on a new article I have written on the Business Planning Process

JacquiPryor
  • Total posts: 2,344
Up
::

Hi Dane,

My comment is for point 2 branding, and mirrors earlier comments on the forums:

“If you do already have a logo is it trademarked along with your business name? – The trademarking process is relatively simple but you do need to allow for a long lead time (6 months or more in some cases) to be successfully granted it. Go to IPAustralia to find out more on this.”

I would personally suggest you say can be relatively simple, rather than being so definitive in saying that it is relatively simple; secondly, in Australia it takes a minimum of 7.5 months full stop.

I am not sure where it would fit (perhaps in the ‘planning’ section if it was elaborated upon as suggested by others) – but other areas of intellectual property (patents/designs etc) should be thought about early in the stages; these forms of IP require the subject matter to be NEW – so, it could potentially be too late to visit the subject after business commences and ‘new’ products, innovations or inventions are released. Personally, I think that the subject of IP should be built into business plans to ensure correct strategies are formed and requirements identified etc before it’s too late and rights are jeopardised.

Just my 2c!