Home – New Forums Tech talk Spam, spinning and SEO Reply To: Spam, spinning and SEO

John C.
  • Total posts: 439
Up
::

My take is that FS does seem to be getting a larger number of self-promoting posts, and it is sometimes difficult to wade through them, but I don’t think it’s because the quality of the site is being lowered – quite the opposite, I think it’s testament to the fact that this online community is so great and is building such a wonderful reputation that the amount of spam is going up along with the number of valuable members and quality posts.

Someone recently suggested a community-managed spam voting system, where all of us can tag an individual post as spam and after a certain number of “votes” a post is automatically sent to the sandbox for manual review by the FS moderators. I think this is a great suggestion. I have no idea how difficult it would be to implement, but I think it’s worth considering.

Anyway – for the most part I think this is the best discussion forum I’ve participated in and I think the FS team does a wonderful job of keeping things on track.

Cheers,
John