Home – New Forums Marketing mastery how my client went from $200 clients to $48,000 ones… Reply To: how my client went from $200 clients to $48,000 ones…

Steve_Minshall
  • Total posts: 518
Up
::

All sounds lovely but its not always good.

Once one customer becomes a big part of your business you become very vulnerable. I have seen big companies suck the life out of smaller suppliers because the small business either neglects the diverse market or does not have the resources to service their new best friend and their existing market.

I actually had a situation comparable with what you are saying a couple of years ago. My average sale would be say $500 and I was asked to tender on a job worth over $50k. Now, I didn’t bother with the tender because my business was at a critical development stage at that time and I knew if we focused on the tender it would give us a good boost for say 6 months but set the business back in the process. I don’t know if I made the right decision but I know I still have a healthy business that has had steady, manageable growth and I don’t have to kowtow to any single dominant customer.