Home – New Forums Money matters Client telling me what the invoice amount should be after the job is complete Reply To: Client telling me what the invoice amount should be after the job is complete

DebtCollector
  • Total posts: 40
Up
::

It’s a pretty dumb thing to do not giving at least a price guideline of what it will cost. That said. You don’t want to draw a line in the sand and say you owe me “x” for the work done and this is not negotiable. This can lead to a non payment or a very slow resolution to your problem.

I would be more inclined to ring your client and ask for a meeting with him. Face to face meetings alway seem to work better, and you can negotiate a resolution then and there. Rather than it dragging on for weeks or months or sometimes years.

I would bring in all costings of the job and bring in other invoice from jobs of a similiar brief showing that what you are charging is the norm.

If he’s a reasonable businessman you should be able to either get the payment you want or meet somewhere in the middle. But because of the situation you are in with no quote for the work you need to be some what flexible in your price to get this thing resolved.