Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Mis-information in anti-online buying campaigns Propaganda by major retailers Reply To: Mis-information in anti-online buying campaigns Propaganda by major retailers

Steve_Minshall
  • Total posts: 518
Up
::

While King goes and finds his ‘cuddly koala’ suit again :). I thought I would go back to the original post for a second.

Now I didn’t think I would ever do this but I am going to come out in defence of Jerry Harvey. He has become the figure head of everything anti on-line and I don’t think this is fair.

Some years ago HN had a go at on-line sales and it didn’t work for them. Jerry said something like: we spend thousands of dollars to set up on line for a few sales each day. Now I don’t know if they approached it right or not but I believe that main stream consumers in Australia (HN’s customer base) were just not ready to buy OL in the volumes necessary for a large organisation like HN to bother with.

Now I think in the last 12-18 months the mainstream acceptance of OL in Australia has really accelerated and the time for HN to jump in is right. I don’t think this makes Jerry a hypocrite, he just said it as he saw it and now the environment has changed.