Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Does Anyone here use Web Videos? Reply To: Does Anyone here use Web Videos?

Shaukat Adam Khalid
Participant
  • Total posts: 1,528
Up
::

A dose of harsh reality here and a reminder that people are either strongly kinaesthetic, auditory or visual.

The strategy is to incorporate all three elements. e.g video with script below. I won’t watch a video unless it’s less than 3 minutes. “Part 2” can be 15 mins +.

I need the short initial video to summarise the content of what i am about to see. think of it as a trailer and how many movie trailers are longer than 3 minutes?

JaneB, post: 100320 wrote:
Just to throw a bucket of ice water around…I personally never click on website videos – and I do all of my shopping around on the web.

I can read just so much faster than it takes for someone to talk at me.

So.. if you are thinking of putting a marketing video on your website perhaps you could give clients the option of just reading the info as well.

However – you could take this with a grain of salt. I watch youtubes constantly in my line of work (music) – so I make a quick exit from websites where video is the main means of imparting information.