Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Controversial State of the internet Address 2012 Reply To: Controversial State of the internet Address 2012

Shaukat Adam Khalid
Participant
  • Total posts: 1,528
Up
::

have to agree and disagree.

agree for the corporate world. disagree for the small and medium who really want results.

the courses are worth more than any phd or masters. in the area of marketing, entrepreneurship and business in general, universities are way behind and the courses are really structured for the corporate world where money is/was no issue. it’s why MBAs suck at making cold calls or just client attraction in general.

by the way, i have two degrees (international business & international finance) and starting a masters this year. phds, masters and even undergraduate degrees can be a negative in the small business world and especially with entrepreneurs bcos i come across as an academic rather than a practitioner.

also, all the courses i have from the gurus have money back guarantees.

university courses do not come with a money back guarantee. closest one is stanford who offer free courses which is a brilliant idea.

if i had to start all over again, i would invest in jay abraham’s protege consulting course, dan kennedy’s magnetic marketing, consulting coaching and advanced consulting coaching bootcamp.

if there was change to spare, i would add business growth system 2.0 by rich schefren and brendon burchard’s total product blueprint and partnership seminar.

combine them and no MBA or Phd can stand in your way. It’s a challenge i am willing to accept.

JamesMillar, post: 102305 wrote:
Digressing to Guru Seminars. I’d rather see a client / business spend $10k to $15k on their own implementation efforts (the good, bad and ugly) than on attending a course to listen to the gospel of one of these guys.

If you have that sort of money to spend on PD then my advice is to try and do an executive program (or the like) at somewhere like Harvard. It will open far more doors in the corporate / business world (including developing consulting work, raising capital, strategy skills and networks etc).