Home – New Forums Tech talk Why SEO is a big fat lie Reply To: Why SEO is a big fat lie

Samith
  • Total posts: 187
Up
::
JamesMillar, post: 103424 wrote:
I was wondering if any of the experts here could comment on the value / strength of a number 1 organic google rating versus a number 1 google Adwords presence. Obviously the GA has a campaign cost related to the industry demand for that space whereas the organic postion is more SEO based.

Which one is more valuable from a sales perspective in generating click throughs? I expect it would be the organic rating 1 position because I’ve seen it generate better results with some of our businesses than the GA campaigns. I personally never use to click on the GA paid ads but increasingly I am (is this the general trend?)

If the number 1 organic position is more value than the GA position then clearly SEO is a priority.

I think it all depends on how you run your campaigns on Adwords, how much you spend on your SEO and how well you track sales and attribute them to the deserving channel, regardless of the channel you use to generate sales (seo, sem,smm,edm etc) end of the day what matters is return on investment, and that’s different from business to business. If you make more money from SEO than you spend on it by a good margin, then you should keep doing it, same goes for Adwords or anything else. Key question is how do you track and attribute sales. One of the biggest deceptions in SEO is that “SEO is free”:) My 2 cents.

Cheers!
Sam