Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Not for Profit or For Profit Reply To: Not for Profit or For Profit

Shaukat Adam Khalid
Participant
  • Total posts: 1,528
Up
::

Not for profit just means that the entity does not retain profits. Did you know that some non-profit CEOs have $500k+ salaries before bonus?

just start and see where it takes you.

Muriel Siebert was the first woman to own a seat on the New York Stock Exchange and the first woman to head one of its member firms

She also gave 50% of her commission to her fav non profit.

If you do it right, you will make more more than you know what to do with because you will attract some very high profile and affluent people who wil then want to do business with you and refer others in their circle to you.

Think beyond the present and short term future but work according to it.

I have strong interest in helping the disadvantaged youth so if you need another hand, pls let me know.

At the very least, i can help you create a vision that big shots would want to help you with funding and offer their expertise.

the kind of people who have too much money and now want to leave a legacy behind.

AgentMail, post: 102791 wrote:
Ok, this is quite left of field for many that know me on these forums.

I have over the past few months been realising a fantastic opportunity for a new business venture.
I cannot go into a great deal of detail, but the essential idea is to provide homeless youths with the opportunity to own their own business, a little bit like The Big Issue, but with a more structured ‘business’ plan.

What I am wondering is, would it put you off working/using a business that assisted homeless youths if it was a ‘for profit’ rather than a not for profit organisation.

The reason I am having this particular dilemma, is that my own personal belief is that we should be able to make a difference in this world and still make money. Setting up a not for profit goes against a lot of my own personal beliefs, but at the same time, making the right decision for this venture is far more important than my beliefs (well, my belief that no youth should be homeless is stronger at least)

Any thoughts or opinions very much appreciated.