Home – New Forums Tech talk “Businesses without a strong social media presence are likely to be pushed down…” Reply To: “Businesses without a strong social media presence are likely to be pushed down…”

Adam Claydon-Platt
  • Total posts: 63
Up
::

Re: “Businesses without a strong social media presence are likely to be pushed down..

My best mate is at the top of his game in the SEO world and he also mentioned it’s time to get into Google Plus.

Basically, the old-school SEO strategy of just building more links to your site is starting to become obsolete, as things like the “Like” function on Facebook are starting to produce much more relevant results for searches… recently Facebook have teamed up with Microsoft Bing to feed their data into the Bing search engine, and Google are worried they’re going to lose a section of the big search engine pie… thus the introduction of Google Plus…

So I think whether we like it or not, it’s time to at least start familiarising ourselves with Google +! I’m just making my first + page this week actually, funny timing!