Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Uni wants to work with Small Businesses, free Advertising advice Reply To: Uni wants to work with Small Businesses, free Advertising advice

Krisy
  • Total posts: 65
Up
::

Hi Jacki,

Does it have to be an existing business? We are on the process of setting up our B2C business so not sure if we meet the criteria?

Thanks
Krisy

jkrahmalov, post: 107083 wrote:
Hi all,

I’m an Advertising Lecturer at the University of Western Sydney, and I ‘m putting the call out for another 15 small businesses who would like some free advertising advice (provided by a team of Advertising students, monitored by myself).

You must:
– Be prepared to discuss the business with the students – who you are targeting, what you have tried, ideas, where you might want to take the business. If you are in Sydney, this would be a face-to-face interview, with follow up emails. If you live anywhere else, we will organise a conference call or Skype (then follow up emails).
– Fill in a short 5min survey at the end of the exercise on the value of the students’ work

In return, the students will:
– Research the market, trends, the competitors, analyse the current positioning of the site etc, and provide recommendations and a roadmap of free/low cost advertising ideas up to the value of $5,000, and relevant to your business. Please note – no creative work will be provided to the business.

This service is free and you are not required to provide the budget or implement any of the students’ suggestions. The semester runs for 12 weeks.

We have worked with all kinds of businesses over the past three years, from tradesmen and beauticians, to magicians, inventors and retail sites. As long as you sell to consumers (not to businesses), we would love to hear from you.

If you are interested, please send me an email as soon as possible to [email protected].

Kind regards
Jacki Krahmalov