Home – New Forums Other discussions IMPORTANT NOTE – Names/address now on the business names register Reply To: IMPORTANT NOTE – Names/address now on the business names register

SuzsSpace
Participant
  • Total posts: 692
Up
::
kathiemt, post: 122357 wrote:
Ohhh, I don’t know. Perhaps it’s because we don’t want uninvited visitors for whatever reason. Not everyone who works from home has clients come to their home. Many have equipment in their homes that they don’t want to publicise is there. Many women wouldn’t want people to know where their homes are if they’re home alone constantly. Many other reasons, particularly if they live in suburbs. Further out in regional areas might not be such a problem but I know many women who work from home, alone or with young children, and they just don’t share their address with their clients at all.

I/we (many of the women I work with) feel it’s a breach of our privacy and we should be allowed to make that decision. It’s like the rules have been changed and we haven’t been given a choice.

A lot of this rings true for me. I don’t feel worried by people but I don’t have customers come to my home and haven’t prepared by having insurance for it. If they get my address from somewhere and turn up out of the blue, accidentally injuring themselves while here could prove costly. I’d like to minimise those chances.