Home – New Forums Other discussions IMPORTANT NOTE – Names/address now on the business names register Reply To: IMPORTANT NOTE – Names/address now on the business names register

kathiemt
  • Total posts: 1,167
Up
::

I contact the Hon. Louise Asher’s office last week about this, not really expecting a reply. Got a phone call this afternoon from one of her staff wanting to clarify some things, including that my home address was still on show. I looked it up and it was. I sent a snapshot and the search URL to her.

She informed me that this register was supposed to have been built on the Small Business Vic model that didn’t display the addresses at all. She (Louise Asher) is quite dismayed about it. Further, their (the Federal) system for the connect online where you can login has been problematic and doesn’t recognise ABN numbers and there are other issues too, including the length of time it takes to register a new business.

Her office is compiling a report and will be investigating this matter further in an effort to get it fixed quickly.