Home – New Forums Tech talk Google Adwords Certified? Reply To: Google Adwords Certified?

Aidan
  • Total posts: 1,125
Up
::
JohnW, post: 122342 wrote:
This is my pet peeve and it engenders the same reaction as the keyword meta tag does to Aidan…. LMAO :D

IMHO I’d agree the term marketing is a loose one to most of the world, we argued this at business college years ago, the general consensus then was that ‘marketing’ is the entire business process not just the bit where you get customers to look at the offer.

Of course for the most of us, we don’t do the entire business process on a search engine, we just reach potential customers through them by getting our web pages listed in them.

Sometimes we reach those folks in the organic portion of the results because we arrange for our pages to be listed in that section, sometimes we reach them in the paid portion of the results because we arrange for our pages to be listed in that section. Often we arrange to get listed in both the organic and paid sections.

IMHO both organic and paid listings are getting a customer to look at your offer by using a search engine so both are search engine marketing ‘activities’.

my two cents for this Friday morning :D