Home – New Forums Starting your journey Business name and company name different ??? Reply To: Business name and company name different ???

JacquiPryor
  • Total posts: 2,344
Up
::

Hi There,

I would suggest waiting until your accountant has available appointments regarding the company structure. Your wife could just register the business name and then trademark it, but it does mean she will personally and directly be responsible for the business name.

The company/business name relate to the ‘trading activities’ and the trademark protects that name, so they serve different purposes. As to the cost of registering a trademark, it depends on all the activities you wish to be protected in relation to. All goods/services you might wish to ‘brand’ fall into categories and fees apply per category. It also depends whether you file your own trademark application or employ an agent to do it for you. Government fees for a single category would come to $420.00 (minimum). My company’s fees are at my website if you prefer to have an agent attend to it for you.

Feel free to email me via the website if you have any questions.