Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Why price is not always an issue (a true story) Reply To: Why price is not always an issue (a true story)

LucasArthur
Participant
  • Total posts: 3,171
Up
::
flower-child, post: 122335 wrote:
Hi Jason, I actually started with the stylist and worked backward to the agent. I’d seen some properties she had worked on then signed up to her blog/facebook page. Once I’d chosen to engage her, she gave me 2 recommended agents and I chose from them (Agent B – Agent A was already the managing agent). There was no pressure to use either of her recommendations.

The agent is paying her initial fee as I negotiated which isn’t large and the stylist doesn’t receive a kickback (I asked – remember I’m a tight ar$e and thought I might be able to use this as a negotiating tool). She will just go in, sketch what’s needed, organize the style of furniture then the furniture company does the rest.

In saying that, for the few hundred dollars she costs, I would have been happy to pay it out of my own pocket. I have bought and sold a few properties and learned very quickly that stylists are worth their weight in gold.

The agent has also disclosed other potential ‘kickbacks’ that might be received, but as a business owner, I can see the benefits of a continuous working alliance with other businesses, so have no issue with the companies they work with.

Hope that helps!

Thats awesome,,, ty for reply… just some info, i wasnt trying to discredit ‘kickbacks’ but the disclosure of such events (even though they are legally obliged to advise) shows the integrity of the 2 people you are dealing with – stylist and agent.. awesome stuff.

On your part re using a stylist, i couldnt agree with you more… stylists are paid less than their weight in gold… how they can make your home look is incredible.. applying an old retail comment, people become ‘store blind’ and miss the finer points of presentation of which i believe can be applied to selling a home and the stylist allows you to ‘reconnect’ with your property in order to present it in its bests light…

Really, love the post… although you were not trying to advise people of using an outside source to achieve the best possible results (in sales and appearance) i have gained some invaluable thoughts from this..

I have learnt from the years that many agents have stylists on call and draw on them regularly, there is not normally a kick back scenario in place although they do feed each other legitimate business. Agent to stylist through new listings and stylists to Agent as per your example.. Great synergy really, as long as all 3 parties get along ;)

So from me, and i am sure others, TY..

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888