Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Ways to Market a Public Course to Professionals? Reply To: Ways to Market a Public Course to Professionals?

JohnW
  • Total posts: 2,642
Up
::

You have to address:

1. The offer
2. How it is presented
3. Its value
4. How to disseminate it

Some random offerings…

How it is presented.
Have you tested your email piece? “Got a monkey on your back?” strikes me as too obtuse to hit the spot in the split second you have to get a potential client’s interest. Have you tried a headline based around “Solve your biggest staff interview problem” – It’s obvious I’m no copywriter but I don’t suppose too many line managers have a problem with a monkey on their backs. If you don’t hit the concept on the head, your email click thoughs will be decimated.

How to disseminate your message
You give us little info on your comms resources. It looks like your website is new. It is not SE optimised, so I’m assuming you have limited traffic. The word “workshop” is not used anywhere on your site so you can’t expect people to find your course in the SEs. That’s a shame because it could be your most important Internet distribution vehicle.

As a fallback strategy, I’d start looking for communications opportunities with HR Managers. I obviously don’t know your market but it strikes me that HR Managers are really the ones with the problem. They are the ones nagging line managers to provide the required career growth information.

Regs,
JohnW