Home – New Forums Starting your journey Start a retail outlet without fashion experience Reply To: Start a retail outlet without fashion experience

Opulence
  • Total posts: 20
Up
::

I’ve seen it time and time again with business duos (often married couples) where one partner knows every minutiae of the product and the industry and the other is much like yourself being very cluey on the business side of things. It works great so maybe trying to find a partner in crime could be an idea.

Additionally, it’s great to bounce ideas of each other. Often you can come up with something and completely overlook something obvious as none of us are perfect.

Conversely, I’ve seen heaps of people go into business with a vast wealth of knowledge about a product but limited business nous and throw lots of money at commercially unviable ventures. The same applies to those with business knowledge but limited industry/product specific knowledge. It takes two to tango.

On the plus side if you go it alone, you’ll learn very quickly and have less fingers in the pie. I know which route I’d take.