Home – New Forums Money matters Any Law for Prices in Australia? Reply To: Any Law for Prices in Australia?

Gavin_S
  • Total posts: 80
Up
::

Hi Guys,
One thing I would add to this is to be careful how you set your prices if they differ between countries – especially if they are visible.
Recently I was dealing with PayPal’s merchant services and I got a nasty surprise when I realised that the pricing I was looking at was from the US site – and then found out that their Australian site charges 3x the price for the exact same service!
Another example is a website I was viewing last night that sells the same product for 3 different prices (depending on where in the world you are). There is no explanation for the price difference as shipping is charged separately – so in my view they “ripping off” Australian customers by charging almost 20% more than US customers pay…. especially when the company is based here in Australia!
I see nothing wrong with pricing things to suit the market. And different markets sometimes do need different pricing – but it’s never a good idea to let people easily see that other customers are paying less, especially when an alternative supplier is just a Google search away.
Good luck!

Gavin