Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Website review please Reply To: Website review please

MinzBeadz
  • Total posts: 103
Up
::

Hi NeilM,

To me, your site looks like it sells products as opposed to jewellry. I guess if I know what I want, that is fine. However if I’m not sure, and am looking for inspiration, the large number of products per page on white creates the impression of an assembly line as opposed to an emotional purchase.

Thank you, that’s helpful info.

Your tagline says: “let your creative side run wild”.

One of the many things that I’ve been trying to get attended to by the web designer. At this stage I’m stuck with it.

On-line suppliers of beads, charms and jewellry – at very affordable prices

Love it!

What I think you should do is to create a new blog where you tap into that ability to engage an audience by writing about the thing you are trying to sell – beads, charms and jewellry.

I know the point you’re making, and I understand why you’re making it, but here’s the thing – I don’t make jewellery, I buy it and sell it. I don’t have anything informative or engaging to say about “how to” etc. because I don’t actually know how to :), although I like the idea about Christmas. In all honesty, I have a blog because pretty much everyone told me I should and I enjoy writing. I’m still struggling to figure out how to utilise it in a business sense other than in the manner you’ve suggested.

I do have a FAQ page which answers the most common questions I’ve been asked at markets, and also a Testimonials page, however those I’ve asked for ‘happy snaps’ get shy at the mention and I’m yet to get a photo. I agree with you though, that those types of things help and I’ll just have to keep plugging away until someone gives in and gives me one!

Thank you so much for taking the time to look, review & reply, Min