Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Website review please Reply To: Website review please

MinzBeadz
  • Total posts: 103
Up
::

The site isn’t very attractive at all, and screams “home business”, but not in a good way, but in a rather lack of taste way, which can’t be good for a jewellery store. And I really can’t get past the look and feel, if it’s not inviting then it’s really not going to make a difference what your products/prices are like.

Thanks for your comments – nothing really I can say to that, if you don’t like it, you don’t like it.

If you really don’t have a first year marketing budget (which most business advisors would recommend) then I would look at something like Etsy, or even an Ebay store. Either of these would be a better option imho.

Given what I sell, Etsy is not an option, and Ebay isn’t what I wanted to do, which was have an actual business rather than an Ebay store. It’s worth bearing in mind that some people start home based businesses when they lose their jobs and aren’t interested in sitting around at home on the dole. In these types of situations you don’t always end up with a marketing budget as huge as you’d like.

Sorry for the bluntness, hope you can appreciate where I’m coming from.

No problem, certainly do appreciate where you’re coming from :)