Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Website review please Reply To: Website review please

ExecAccess
  • Total posts: 229
Up
::
MinzBeadz, post: 123999 wrote:

I started out with lovely descriptions however, after having done them for all products then realised that precisely none of them are useful with regard to SEO – Zen Cart appears to only allow the product title and metatags to show, so I redid the entire lot in a much more straightforward manner. Still contemplating added a great description under the details.

Hi Min

Search engines like text on pages – otherwise they don’t have anything to crawl. So having some meaningful descriptions that contain (but are not stuffed with) keywords can only help with SEO.

I am sure the SEO experts on FS will correct me if I am way off base, but ideally a web page should have the main key word/phrase which is being targeted as
– the first words in the title (ie the words that show in the tab at the top of your screen)
– in the H1 tag
– in the meta description
– as well as near to the beginning of the text on the page as you can (and also at the end if there is a lot of text on the page).