Home – New Forums Starting your journey How long did it take for you to actually make money? Reply To: How long did it take for you to actually make money?

NathanB
Participant
  • Total posts: 775
Up
::
Khalid Adam, post: 134686 wrote:
matt,

i am serious. i believe in forecasting and having a system / formula in place. i don’t believe in hoping for success – regardless of industry.

every industry has skeptical customers and are competitive. the ones who get anywhere tend to challenge industry norms and association rules. they also dominate by creating their own category which is not that hard.

I know right, just the other day I wanted to buy a bottle of water so stood in the shop for 35 minutes reading various forums and thoroughly digesting high quality peer reviews on my iPhone until I was able to make a decision I was comfortable with. I ended up getting a bottle of Pump, it was a bit more expensive but I could really taste the extra value.

$5k within 6 weeks is very realistic as long as you get good advice and roll up your sleeves. ofcourse it’s tougher when the margins are tight but that can be fixed.

Anything is realistic when it’s arbitrary.

Most do take a long time but that is due to ignorance or mindset. It’s like walking to work and refusing to invest in a car and driving lessons because it’s too expensive and time consuming or just plainly refusing to accept there is a better alternative.

Everybody walks to work, unless you park you car at your desk. I prefer to leave mine in the parking lot.

Anyone who’s received coaching of some kind knows what i mean. Btw, this is good news for those who are willing to work and don’t want to wait months to make a living.

I played under 9’s Junior Footy for Keysborough FC. I don’t really recall anything my coach said helps that me know what you’re talking about.

Depending on who you speak to, having more than 2 employee can be perceived as a burden and not a sign of success. Just saying…

Yeah for sure, kind of like having two wives? At first I thought it would be awesome, then I learned it was just twice as much nagging!

Anywho!

There’s no one size fits all model for how much a person should endeavour to profit in the start-up phase of their business. I agree you should set goals, forecast and seek to hone a successful formula for your business but on one hand your saying – “challenge the norm, create your own category” etc and on the other hand your saying – here are the predetermined norms arbitrarily made up that you should follow.

Coaches are great and all, the good ones learn you and help you best the best version of you. The rubbish ones just say, hey, this worked for that guy… do that.