Home – New Forums Starting your journey How long did it take for you to actually make money? Reply To: How long did it take for you to actually make money?

MatthewKeath
  • Total posts: 3,184
Up
::
Khalid Adam, post: 134852 wrote:
partially correct. anyone can be self employed if they really want to and earn a simple living. making a fortune is another thing altogether. i disagree with your mom because if you really want to, you can make the time before and after work. it’s like having a 2nd or 3rd job and some people do.

it’s easier to get contract work than full time job. what is contract but self employment? to take it further, you can have multiple non conflicting contracts for projects and that is easier to obtain than one 3 month or 6 month contract.

besides, as adults, shouldn’t we be looking after ourselves unless we have some form of disability?

we are moving back to the results economy from the time and effort economy. this means there is greater opportunity for all should we decide to take it.

the industrial age imo stuffed things up with full time jobs, perks, leaves, pensions, etc. this is a new concept in human history and i think it’s made us lazy.Comments like this and your earlier ones make me thing you have lost touch with the majority of Australians. They want to go to work, do their job with decent pay and decent conditions. Oh, and a little thing called security would be nice.