Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Conversion rate lower than a year or two ago Reply To: Conversion rate lower than a year or two ago

Mortgages In Focus
  • Total posts: 35
Up
::
zhenjie, post: 130963 wrote:
If conversions rates have declined what better motivation to refresh the site!

The site itself is ok but does feel like it isn’t polished or contemporary enough in its design and layout. Online shoppers these days are increasingly viewing more comparison and competitor websites then a few years ago, so you might be seeing users leaving your site and spending time/money somewhere else.

You need to capture and engage your visitors to your site. Video promotion as mentioned before would be a fantastic benefit to your store. Gives it a personal and interactive touch that would suit your product range and demographic very well imo.

Look at getting a designer to polish up your site. It looks a bit basic to me, very early 2000’s oscommerce style and not very modern in some areas.

I am not sure this matters. Customers will buy from you if you have what they want at the right price and of course it is easy to navigate.

Some years ago I had a retail business with a really crappy dated website. Every time I went to re-design it a customer would come in and say they had been to my site and they thought it was terrific. Lets face it design is more about usability than anything.

I would really recommend you keep the content fresh. Put new items/information on your site.