Home – New Forums Tech talk Organic vs. Paid Search Results: Organic Wins 94% of Time Reply To: Organic vs. Paid Search Results: Organic Wins 94% of Time

themot
  • Total posts: 150
Up
::

Just to sum up what I was getting at, look at it like this.

I have a business selling widgets. I want to grow said business online. I can either go for PPC/Organice search or just do organic search only.

If I rely on organic search I could get to #1 for widgets, make money, employ people to make my widgets, move in to a bigger factory to make more widgets cause of all the demand! Life is good! One day Google decides to roll out the Zebra update and now im on page 3 only getting a trickle of traffic. I want to get in touch with Google to find out why I lost “my” spot but guess what, I can’t cause there is no way to contact them! :D Now I have to sell my excess stock at a loss, sack my employee’s and figure out a way to get out of my lease so I can down size.

Now…

I have a business selling widgets. I want to grow said business online with PPC. I can spend 5k a month on Adwords, optimise my campagn and see what kind of results I can achieve after 3 months.

3 months pass…

Wow, we just made 50k revenue from spending 5k. Not bad! We can continue to use this along with our other forms of advertising and we’ve got something we know will be profitable for us for the foreseeable future. If there’s any problems with it we can pick up the phone and call Google directly to discuss – http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1385067

Now, if im trying to grow my business which is the better option? You can still get some traffic from organic traffic but to just rely on it is playing Russian roulette with your business. Google knows this, that’s why they are pushing more people towards adwords.