Home – New Forums Other discussions Buying Australian. Reply To: Buying Australian.

bridiej
  • Total posts: 1,097
Up
::
LemonChip, post: 132906 wrote:
The world is changing, everything is going online, the world is getting smaller. This is hitting many retailers particularly hard as they try to find their feet in this new arena in order to stay competitive and relevant.

The flip side of the coin is that some retailers are focusing on – wait for it, really great customer service and experience! **GASP**

That’s something which can’t be replicated by an overseas supplier, can transcend the small financial gains to be made by going online / overseas, and create customer loyalty!

Yes!

I’ve had a number of clients who, on receiving their first transcript, have been thrilled with the quality and express how much better it is than what they’d had before, when they’d sent their audio offshore and paid a fraction of what I charge.

Am I saying that people on Odesk/in other countries such as India aren’t capable of doing a good job? No, but based on the majority of end results I’ve seen and the horror stories I’ve heard about, I’m a big believer in “you get what you pay for”.

Bit like business cards: so many people get theirs from Vistaprint because they can’t see the value in spending a bit more for a far superior card that gives a much better impression of them and their business.