Home – New Forums Get productive Unpopular & aggressive productivity tips Reply To: Unpopular & aggressive productivity tips

Shaukat Adam Khalid
Participant
  • Total posts: 1,528
Up
::

Welcome back.

The 80/20 and the 90/10 principal is more about attitude than statistics.

Productivity is about attitude, not aptitude.

It means you make unpopular decisions that wil annoy and possibly offend the 80% who are used to doing investing 80% of their resources to get 20% result which in their world/mind might be deemed as 100%.

so when the 20% decide to dothings different, it’s perceived as a direct attack on the status quo creating responses such as :

You can’t do that

That MIGHT be illegal (without checking)

That’s not how things are done are here or in our industry.

Who do you think you are?

That’ against our policies (so?)

Must be a scam (without proof)

You’re charging too much. It doesn’t cost that much to produce.

What certification do You have?

Obviously a hyperbole ;)

See, the ultra productive don’t believe in a model of ascension, they leap frog and create disruptions in their little niches and sub cultures oblivious to the rest of the world. You don’t have to be Facebook, linkedin, apple microsoft, etc to do this.

For this to happen, they have to bend and break rules.

Even change laws by lobbying if they have to as in the case of MCI worldcom (i think) who challanged and won against the monopoly AT&T had on international calls.

Ofcourse the conventional way of doing the time, working hard, getting degrees (i have 2) is also achievable. It’s like going to the city via the suburbs when the highway is available.

Based on my experience, you either have it or you don’t. It’ easy o learn but hard to apply if the mindset has always been of scarcity, limited resources.

It’s what separates the business owner from the entrepreneur.

As zava said nothing new if you are student of kaizen, pareto and anything else where you identify and leverage the little hinges that swing big doors.

Dig deeper…