Home – New Forums Money matters Payments made via Credit Card Reply To: Payments made via Credit Card

Past-Member
  • Total posts: 1,815
Up
::

Firstly, if they want to pay by credit card, then they should pay immediately, not 30 days later – in my opinion. You are paying fees to take credit card so will pay them, plus receive it late affecting your cash flow.

I have a Merchant Facility with the Commonwealth Bank. I pay a monthly fee for the service and a percentage on each transaction. The minimum it costs me per month is $26.50 per month if I don’t have any transactions.

I also have PayPal Business Account. Client’s can use Visa or Mastercard, or Direct Deposit to pay and do not have to have a PayPal account. There is a fee for each transaction.

My terms are paid on delivery, or for regular clients, 7 days. Many of them pay by credit card. I usually phone up on the 7th day if I haven’t received payment and they give me their credit card details immediately. It is useful to have that facility, but you can do the same with PayPal.

If you do display tables or expos, then PayPal now has a great little gadget card reader that you add to iPhones and Android phones to take payments as above also.

See more at https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/credit-card-reader