Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Best way to attract small business customers Reply To: Best way to attract small business customers

EMT Australia
  • Total posts: 91
Up
::
Scrooge, post: 135553 wrote:
I cannot see how on this earth you could even look at the small parcel service.

Fastway / StarTrackExpress / AAE / Couriers Please / e-parcel from Australia Post

I am personally pushing Fastway to bring in a new product to compete with the simplicity of e-parcel – ( I am awaiting approval so I can save up to $2 a parcel )

I laugh at any company looking at $14 or anywhere near that – I can get same day Brisbane / Sydney / Melbourne (dispatched from each city) for $5

Your only hope is the infrequent user that may be happy to pay high reates but how are you going to get infront of the existing couriers?

I can send any parcel Australia wide within next day zone up to 1kg for $7 I just don’t see how you can come in on this market unless you are super independently wealthy

This isn’t a major service for us (would be a side service for existing customers)
Our primary market is sameday pallets, the issue is companies like to have a provider that can handle small items if need be.

Seeing as Fastway/couriers please/Aus Post don’t provide a cheap service for pallets this is where we have a competitive edge.

The fact is we don’t want the parcel work as theres no money in it. what we are looking for is a solution we can provide on this front to assist us in gaining more small businesses in our pallet service.