Home – New Forums Starting your journey How much can I do without a business name? Reply To: How much can I do without a business name?

Eng UNG
  • Total posts: 15
Up
::

Hi Adele,

I don’t think you’ll have much trouble with designers if you already have an idea about your product or service – at least not with me anyway : )

To start out, a website is a must, it’s the simplest form of marketing your business even if you are just approaching potential suppliers at this stage. It helps to set you up as a bona fide business and establish your reputation. Most people simply like to go back after talking to you and find out more about your product or service is about through your website. The good thing is that most graphic/web designers can provide you a draft design based on a concept of your business idea.

The other thing you might want to consider is to try and get a domain name that matches your business name. You don’t want to want to get a business name like “Fish’n’Chips R Us” only to find out that the domain name (fishnchipsrus.com.au) for that business has already been taken.

Unless you’re a techie, I would suggest that you seek professional help from a designer you feel comfortable working with. Take the time now to think about what you want to say, and who you want to say it to before you jump into the nitty gritty of the design phase.

If you like, shoot me an email or give me a call and I’d be happy to help give you some advise and feedback.

Cheers,
Eng