Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Website hits, bounce rate, and conversion rates Reply To: Website hits, bounce rate, and conversion rates

John Romaine
Participant
  • Total posts: 1,108
Up
::
Proud Petite, post: 148079 wrote:
At best, I’ve had 800 hits in one month (last October), but hits have been dropping since (December had 509)

Forget about “hits”. I think this is a wanky term made popular by a lot of people selling “hype”. Telling someone you got a million hits means nothing. Instead, I would focus on unique visits.

Your traffic could be down for any number of reasons, its impossible to know with what you’ve told us. My guess, …holiday season.

possibly due to a lack of activity on my behalf.

Its funny that you mention this, because its this reason alone for many business owners trading online. Every time I meet with a client they literally beg me for a way of updating their own sites with content. So I give it to them, they post one entry and thats it.

Here’s a motivator – you can beat your competition with consistent content.

Bounce rate seems to be increasing from around 20% to 30%.

That bounce rate is very low. Most sites are up and around 60-70%

Returning people are at 18%.

Thats okay. Especially if you’re just starting out. My tip – BUILD A LIST. And have the SAME PEOPLE COMING BACK ALL THE TIME

The best customer is the one you already have.

The average time someone spends on my website is around 6 minutes.

This is decent.

However, sales have been minimal – I’ve made 3 sales in the last 3 months!

You need to find out WHY. Get help.

Dont get caught up in vanity metrics (as my friend Dan Norris would say) I would recommend getting some advice and guidance. Sounds to me like youre stabbing in the dark.

John

Update – Ive just looked at your site …..theres far too much to mention here, but if anything – get rid of that stuff on the homepage. Theres FAR too much clutter.