Home – New Forums Starting your journey 2 questions- business name ideas and competition from similar business Reply To: 2 questions- business name ideas and competition from similar business

JustJames
  • Total posts: 104
Up
::
boutiquegrl, post: 148126 wrote:
Hello all,

I am in the process of setting up my online business selling girls clothes and accessories …
I am a bit stuck on what to call my business. Everything I come up with doesn’t seem to thrill me!

….

How can I make myself known in a market that already has a similar set up that is well established? Should I make my prices lower to be competition? I am a little concerned it will make it more difficult to break into the market than I originally anticipated.

Thank

1. You business name doesn’t need to appeal to you. It needs to appeal to your target market.

2. Try and generate worthwhile content around your product. Ways of combining related products online, or blog/video/social media posts that provide useful content for users. If you are up against an incumbent, look at ways you can out-compete them. Look for things that they don’t do that you can do to set yourself apart from them. Cutting prices will harm your business, make it hard to raise prices later and isn’t really much of a strategy, not least because an entrenched encumbent can probably charge less than you can charge anyway. Price cutting is a mug’s game!

James