Home – New Forums Starting your journey Starting an app/webiste business with minimal IT knowledge! Reply To: Starting an app/webiste business with minimal IT knowledge!

Peter Jonsson
  • Total posts: 10
Up
::

Hi Grey Matter,

Outsourcing your app and website development overseas has its positives and negatives. I personally know a few people that are developing mobile apps and using overseas programmers successfully. With anything though you really need to do a lot of research especially as it is an area that you have limited knowledge. There are loads of online forums out there that discuss the pros and cons of outsourcing.

The key with any outsourcing is ensuring you protect your information so before you provide anyone overseas with any detailed information about your business proposal ensure you have them sign an NDA (non disclosure agreement). A good place to start when looking for programmers visit Freelancer and oDesk. I believe Freelancer allows you to have any interested contractors sign the NDA before they can view the proposed project.

For mobile apps I recommend reading a book written by Chad Mureta called App Empire: Make Money, Have a Life, and Let Technology Work for You. It is a really good read for anyone looking to start developing apps who know nothing about the industry especially through outsourcing overseas.

Good luck with the venture.

Keydo Business Consultants Brisbanehttp://www.keydo.com.au