Home – New Forums Logistics Postage costs soar by 30% – Aus Post Reply To: Postage costs soar by 30% – Aus Post

Rainajewels
  • Total posts: 1
Up
::

Like MinzBeadz I sell jewellery so most packages are considered to be large letters, this will not affect me as much. However I am deterring from sending bulky packages like large rings overseas because they are too costly.

One way to get around this would be do combine post and encourage customers to buy more from you. You can offer discounts/free gift if customers buy more than $50, $100 from you etc, or offer express post if they spend more than a certain amount or look at being a wholesaler. Also you can start investigating other sources of suppliers that can give you cheaper stocks. Unfortunately postage is cost of running an online business, there’s nothing much we can do except for being more creative with our offers.

Lastly, I think if we need to increase our prices, we need to communicate to our customers what we are facing with. Long term customers appreciate if we are being honest and upfront.