Home – New Forums Marketing mastery need help marketing new online jewelry business Reply To: need help marketing new online jewelry business

PAYG Marketing Managers
  • Total posts: 8
Up
::

Hi Cindy,

Here’s my thoughts for you to consider…

If you’re running a Google Adwords campaign but haven’t had any sales as yet then the issue could be any number of things unfortunately. But, keep in mind that a 1% or lower conversion rate is not uncommon for businesses promoting themselves on Adwords. This means that for every 100 clicks you get you might only get 1 customer, for many businesses it’s less. For a lot of businesses the cost of 100 clicks is just too high for this to be viable.

A few people have suggested that improving your website is a good idea. Although I agree that your website could be one reason your missing out on business, making improvements may not solve all your problems – and you wouldn’t want to spend a lot of money improving the site and then find you are no better off than you are today.

One thing you could consider doing is building another website (under a different brand name) using Shopify, Volusion or Bigcommerce. You can create pretty good looking sites and the cost isn’t too bad (around $15 – $35 a month for the cheapest plans). Then you could send some of you Google Adwords traffic to this website and compare how it performs versus your current website. This would give you some clarity on whether your website is the problem or if it is something else.

If you’re interested in talking more about in depth about his feel free to drop me an email ([email protected]). We also have a ‘2 hour free trial’ on at the moment so if that interests you let me know.

Cheers,
Jared