Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Video Editing – market research help please Reply To: Video Editing – market research help please

Peter – FS Administrator
  • Total posts: 1,889
Up
::

Hi there and welcome to Flying Solo! Thanks for getting involved.

As you are looking for feedback on a few ideas I’ve moved this into the community reviews section.

I think the idea of turning people’s existing photos/videos into little movies is a great idea for a home-based business, with so many digital photos and videos sitting on everyone’s hard drives these days! A friend of mine has done this as a side project for a long time.

A few of the projects she’s come across are:
– end of year videos for kindy classes with photos/video/music etc…
– capturing the life stories of parents/grandparents on videos with photos interviews etc
– 21st videos
– taking existing wedding videos and photos and turning them into short films with music
– also digitising printed photos and old VHS videos seems to be needed so they aren’t lost

I reckon it would be a lot trickier to create tv commercials for businesses given the high production values, but ‘about us’ website videos, in-house training videos etc would be a potential market.

Taglines are always tricky :) I like your “Rainbow connection editing – turning your memories into the gold at the end of the rainbow” with the rainbow/gold idea.
Perhaps just “Turn your memories into gold” could be a bit simpler.

I’m sure others will dive in and all the best with the business.

Cheers,
Peter