Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Video Editing – market research help please Reply To: Video Editing – market research help please

rainbowconnectionediting
  • Total posts: 9
Up
::
FS Administrator, post: 182750 wrote:
Hi there and welcome to Flying Solo! Thanks for getting involved.

As you are looking for feedback on a few ideas I’ve moved this into the community reviews section.

I think the idea of turning people’s existing photos/videos into little movies is a great idea for a home-based business, with so many digital photos and videos sitting on everyone’s hard drives these days! A friend of mine has done this as a side project for a long time.

A few of the projects she’s come across are:
– end of year videos for kindy classes with photos/video/music etc…
– capturing the life stories of parents/grandparents on videos with photos interviews etc
– 21st videos
– taking existing wedding videos and photos and turning them into short films with music
– also digitising printed photos and old VHS videos seems to be needed so they aren’t lost

I reckon it would be a lot trickier to create tv commercials for businesses given the high production values, but ‘about us’ website videos, in-house training videos etc would be a potential market.

Taglines are always tricky :) I like your “Rainbow connection editing – turning your memories into the gold at the end of the rainbow” with the rainbow/gold idea.
Perhaps just “Turn your memories into gold” could be a bit simpler.

I’m sure others will dive in and all the best with the business.

Cheers,
Peter

Hello,

Sorry for taking so long to read and reply. Had some issues with my email.

I have been looking into the different categories that I could do. My original plan was to offer 7 different packages. Each package is titled by a colour of the rainbow. So ‘RED’ package would be photo slide shows etc.

I have been thinking about transferring VHS videos but a not sure about the equipment and how much time it would take to do. I would love to offer it one day but I feel like I should stick to what I know for the moment so that I don’t get stressed out or anything before I really get going.

With commercials for businesses. I was thinking more along the line of small businesses that only use the internet and social media to get their business out there. So I could create a small ad for them to post on youtube to promote their products. For example maybe there is a another stay-at-home-mum who makes and sells baby clothes online. I could help them create a short ad that lets potential clients see what her products are like. So yeah just things like that.

I went with the tagline – “helping to enhance those magical moments”
I went on a few forums, face book sites etc and this was the tagline that received the most positive feedback. I really like this line because I think it really shows what it is that I am trying to achieve with my editing.

Thank you so much for your help :)