Home – New Forums Starting your journey Completely deflated within my Carpentry Business Reply To: Completely deflated within my Carpentry Business

Anonymous
  • Total posts: 11,464
Up
::

Hi bbowen,

reading between the lines it seems like there is a fair bit of tension that is overflowing into your business life and causing you problems there as well. Have a look at the following video clip. It is directed to new professional photographers who are struggling, but I reckon there is something in there for startups everywhere.

http://www.slrlounge.com/gap-time-taste-skill-inspirational-video

At a practical level, in addition to what has already been said, I would take an unemotional review of the comments your father-in-law has made. You may well need someone else to help you with this, but choose someone who cares enough about you to be honest and not just supportive. You need to find out what parts of those comments are genuinely relevant, and why, and then what to do about them. Anything else you can politely ignore. This is to help you focus on things that make a difference, not things that may or may not make you feel better.

Darryl