Home – New Forums Other discussions Satisfying Job? Reply To: Satisfying Job?

Hobidi Bob
  • Total posts: 43
Up
::

Hey Vex5,

I actualy had the same problem as you. I completed my HSC not wanting to go to Uni. Between the age of 15 and 19 I had 27 different jobs. I would quit everything I didnt like. Not suggesting you do that.

I currently am working as a prison officer and own a business. I dont want to be a prison officer anymore and now am only doing it part time to help pay the bills while the business gets established.

Its damn hard to know what to do if you dont know what you want to do. As suggested in a previous post, maybe some hobbies or short courses. Sit down one night without any distractions and ask yourself “where do i want to be in 5, 10 even 20 years?” Write your answers down. Do you see yourself working for somebody else or yourself? Once you know where you want to be, you can then work backwards to figure out what you have to do.

Also think of what you do in your spare time. Do you read books? Maybe getting paid to write blogs and reviews on books or even movies. The same goes for travel and video games. maybe your good with your hands and can renovate houses using a variety of stratergies.

I hope some of this novel helps you.

Good luck