Home – New Forums Starting your journey Sample from China, do they normally not arrive or respond? Reply To: Sample from China, do they normally not arrive or respond?

AlanaC
  • Total posts: 20
Up
::

Hi Vivienne,

I tried 2 different suppliers from China that I found off Alibaba and it took months to get a sample that was accurate but I was still not happy with the quality. The main problem I had was the language barrier. No matter how many pictures or how many times I tried to explain what I wanted they just resorted to something they knew how to do from previous customers – or something they could do cheaply and easily.

A lot of the big factories just want big orders and your money and don’t really care about your brand or business. I finally found a lady in brazil that understood exactly where I wanted my brand to go and she worked with me effortlessly over Skype and email to get the job done.

I hope you find a supplier – if its a unique looking bag try somewhere like Etsy. These are all hand made items but a generally quite cheap and a lot of the suppliers are willing to do wholesale. :)

Alana.