Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Getting my online store ‘discovered’ Reply To: Getting my online store ‘discovered’

Byron Trzeciak
Participant
  • Total posts: 423
Up
::

Hi Sam,

Getting visitors to your online store is the biggest struggle I’m seeing with store owners at this point in time.

The problem is
a) thin content i.e low text product descriptions and no blog or regular content to attract target audiences. You need valuable content, reviews, product demos and more added to your page on a regular basis.
b) the structure of your website for search engines means that it’s unlikely that many of your products will ever be discovered except via paid or some other form of referral traffic.

You need to understand your audience and context on social platforms. They’re not interested in hard selling most of the time. For example
– Facebook users want to be entertained. They’re in friends and family mode so you need to treat it as the same by entertaining them not hard selling. Entertain them by informing them about the features of your product and industry trends.
– If you’re going to advertise on facebook make sure you use the power editor and see how you can give away something free in return for a visitors email. You can then develop an email list in which you can create content and bring them to your site to hear more.

Remember that the conversion occurs on your site so it makes sense that you should bring them to your site and not leave them on social platforms.

This kind of tweeting is not going to show you any results. It just looks like spam.

Quirky Urban Crowd Cushion @manstylehome #cushions #urbandecor #manstyle #interiordesign #.VBqArR-rl0E.twitter http://www.manstylehome.com.au/urban-crowd-re

All the best with it,

Byron