Home – New Forums Get productive How to handle customer expectation Reply To: How to handle customer expectation

GavinSloan
  • Total posts: 43
Up
::

Hi Whitsey,
I don’t understand your business – So I am happy to respond :)
I’d assume that you offer various pricing options depending on what hosting requirements your clients have? As a suggestion, maybe you could offer an upgrade or an add-on for protection/repairing the damage from hacking?
This allows you to attach values to your responses. For example:
$0 additional per month – If the site is hacked, we’ll email you to advise you and offer to fix it for a fee.
$?? additional per month – If the site is hacked, we will fix the problem within ___ hours. (If this happens, you just need to send one standard email telling them that you’re aware it’s been hacked and your team is working on it. Then send a second email to let them know when it’s been repaired/completed)
$??? additional per month – Premium Service, If the site is hacked we will fix the problem within 1 hour. (If this happens, chances are you will have repaired the problem before the client even knows about it – So you’ll just send them a courtesy email to let them know what’s happened and that you have already fixed it for them).
I think the important thing to keep in mind is that when a website is hacked, those of us who aren’t technical tend to panic and just want the problem fixed ASAP – After the first time it happens I am sure people will happily pay an additional fee for peace of mind that you’ll just manage it for them.
That’s my two cents… hope it helps!
Good Luck :)