Home – New Forums Tech talk Selling domain names at exorbitant prices – is that legal??? Reply To: Selling domain names at exorbitant prices – is that legal???

Zava Design
Participant
  • Total posts: 1,463
Up
::

Also look for branding domains rather than service/product specific domains (which add zero to SEO nowadays due to the abuse they’ve gone through).

Example: Five or six years ago I was looking for a new domain name for my web design business, I had used another name for a couple of years but only on a part-time basis, and wasn’t particularly enamoured with it as it was one of those names you always needed to spell (never a good option for a domain). So I spent a few days looking through the various expired domain lists, looking for something with “design” or “media” in it, or something that just spoke to me AND would be relatively easy to remember.

And along came “zavadesign.com”… “zava”, how simple was that to remember! And now I also own “zavahost”, “zavamail”. And the 4 letter Oz domain “zava.com.au”, which I would use if I didn’t also have a sizable international clientele.

Be creative!