Home – New Forums Tech talk Selling domain names at exorbitant prices – is that legal??? Reply To: Selling domain names at exorbitant prices – is that legal???

JamesNorquay
  • Total posts: 83
Up
::

A domain is like waterfront property the good ones will be expensive and the bad ones will be cheap.

Why complain if they purchased the domain 15 years ago and you missed out. They are free to ask what ever price they want.

You also need to bear in mind that no offer is final and Fairfax seem keen to sell domains.

If some one offers $8,000 do some research onto the past sales and counter with an offer of $2500 for example.

For example recently I wanted to buy a domain in the US a .com, I send a message asking a price I said what are you asking the seller replied – $27,000 I said get real theirs probably 10 end users for this term. I said I will offer you $2,000 if you want to sell now or keep paying reg fees. HE instantly countered for $4,000 because he knew I was serious. Then I think the sale price was like $2700 (10% of what he was originally asking)

Moral of the story is negotiate and stop crying about it.