Home – New Forums Marketing mastery marketing guidance Reply To: marketing guidance

Justin Laju
  • Total posts: 89
Up
::
TehCamel, post: 203751 wrote:
I’ve identified a specific niche of server platforms that are no longer supported by the software vendor and a suitable platform they can move to.

I’ve even potentially identified a couple of prospects.

I now need to turn the prospects into leads, and then customers.
I have some collateral from Microsoft and there’s more available, but I’m not sure how to put it all together if that makes sense.

Because these are cold approaches (I’ve been able to identify some targets using technical searchs) I’m expecting something along the lines of this:

– research the prospects a bit more and try and find out if they meet criteria (size, etc) and find stakeholders, decision makers or influencers.
– cold-call the relevant people with some sort of script (which i need to create i guess) about the end of support for the 2 products and have they considered how this affects their business. (without letting on that I know they are using the products, it might seem creepy)
– ask their permission to send them some info
— this is where i get stuck.. I don’t neccesarily have the info, or the correct info to send. I can send them the blanket “microsoft is ending support, ask your partner how they can help” but i’m not sure if that would get them to call and speak further
— equally, I don’t want to send them loads of crap and technobable.

– i want to get them interested in engaging, so they can ring back and get me to come and visit them and talk about it..

thoughts are appreciated :)

Hi Andy

You need to just simplify this.

I’d recommend you sit down and jot down the basis of the service that you are suggesting, try and see it from their point of view.

You don’t need to send them other peoples ie Microsoft’s details on the issue – perhaps a reference or two – but you do need to clarity what it is that you are proposing to do for them.

1. Clearly introduce your service and what it does.
2. Identify clearly, in your words the issue that you are counter-measuring, what features you offer to remedy it, and what the benefits of the features are to them.
3.I don’t see an issue with notifying them that their “niche of server platforms [that] are no longer supported by the software vendor” – if its publically available info, even better if you’ve had a client that you have already resolved this for, and have identified a resolution that they may consider…(not creepy unless you think it is).

Call them and talk to the person in charge of the server, pitch the issue, pitch your resolution and send through details (just your clearly written words and steps for resolution), them call back to close them.

Be clear on why they would use you to do it, rather than their own IT people (maybe you can do it cheaper than their own time?) Otherwise you’ll likely only close the prospects that have no idea.

I feel you need to simply this into a few clear points that they can consume and enact – or they will ignore your offer or do it themselves.

We put campaigns like this together and train business owners on how to execute them – the secret is clarity, belief, persistence.

I’d ring them rather than getting them to ring you – I feel this will require a “pin the tail on the donkey” approach – unless you are talking about tens of thousands of prospects here.