Home – New Forums Find the help you need Quotes to redo 2 websites please Reply To: Quotes to redo 2 websites please

nighttax
  • Total posts: 172
Up
::
SimplyReplica, post: 203869 wrote:
Hi Evan

This post seems to have gained more interest than i thought it would, and appears to have done so due to the approach of the subject matter more so than the actual request :( Not casting any beliefs here, just observing..

To my point as to why i am replying, your comment above has really taken me by surprise.. You state that you have provided free qualified input on this forum (which i have read and is welcomed by the community i bet) although your disposition in asserting yourself as being an ‘old and experienced and very qualified pro’ is suggesting that the rest of us in here may lapse any qualifications that you may hold merit to? Just saying…

Further to this, and as you have been around a while, i personally have met many individuals from this forum and have found many many relationships that i feel warrant further exploration through mutual business opportunities and have met several of these contacts clients and extended family and not oncehave i had a client expect me to prepack any lube of any sort to take their ‘direction’ as you state. Taking personal pride in the way i conduct my small business i value clients that respect what we do for them, if anyone comes into my business yelling and attempting to deploy derogatory (and unethical in my eyes) ‘business’ tactics i would certainly be showing them the front door before they could finish the sentence that offended me.

Now, most people on here see me as selling furniture, although i tell you i too like many other small business owners on FS have a very well accredited background that could in some eyes surpass many ‘qualified’ roles in the business world. Not here to beat my own drum, although there appear to have been a few assumptions made.

It is pleasing to hear you are very successful although maybe a little concerning to hear you will accept being called “the biggest loser, thief, and many other swear words he likes, SO LONG AS I END UP WITH HIS MONEY AT A PROFIT”…. only say concerning as i struggle to forgo my beliefs such as respect, integrity and the likes and i believe this is what makes me different to others out there.. A little bit of honesty…

Anyways, post certainly not about bashing anyone over the head.. but from an outsiders perspective it appears you have very clear ideals in how you conduct your business which includes your web site.. Some of the people who have replied do beautiful web sites and i know that they spend far too many hours for the fixed rates they clearly quote on their web sites to ensure they deliver beautifully functioning web sites for their clients…

“A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. So is a lot.”.. Albert Einstein

Cheers
Jason

Hi Jason

Thanks for the feedback. I do not think everyone on this forum is less qualified than me. Otherwise where would the value be for me in being part of this forum. I have done some work for 2 people from this forum and one of them I did at way below my prices just because they needed it. I will also be doing that persons work for free this year because it would be rude to charge given it is only for one year. So where is the benefit for me if I felt that superior. I am good at accounting as are many others on this forum. Others are good at as you selling furniture and many other things.

But having IT qualifications I do know how simple the type of site I want is and I was clear. If I wanted complicated SSL capability or database or money transaction ability etc I would have had it on the sites I built. I can copy and post php scripts as good as the next guy. I am just happy to pay someone else a reasonable price to do it.

Having said all that I was starting to enjoy roughing up some people who obviously ,as stated in their PROTIP that I was given, do know that they are good at what they do and who are happy enough and rich enough to burn anyone who doesn’t play the way they expect. I should have stopped and just used my guy in the USA. He is not cheap but he is also not hung up on having to play his way or not at all. When I rough up business wise I expect to be roughed up a little as well. Hey it was all in an afternoons fun. The boys that played do not need my money and that’s ok. I hope it was entertaining as you expected.

regards
Evan