Home – New Forums Tech talk Why most small-medium business shouldn’t outsource SEO Reply To: Why most small-medium business shouldn’t outsource SEO

John Romaine
Participant
  • Total posts: 1,108
Up
::

This problem goes much much deeper than what you’ve listed here in a few small bullet points.

Small business owners are extremely difficult to serve, because they just dont have the money to cover the expenses involved with SEO.

Within my own agency, I work to an hourly rate of $75 an hour. (This is considerably cheap compared to many of my competitors) Having said that, you simply cannot help someone at that hourly rate when they only want to spend $2-300 a month.

SEO done right is very labour intensive and time consuming. What you’re paying for are man hours. It’s as simple as that.

As for small business owners wanting to do their own SEO, I have no problem with that, infact I plan on holding small workshops in the new year to accommodate them.

However (because I already do consulting) I often hear from almost all of them …”Wow, I really had no idea how much work was involved”.