Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Solo Business Owner & Stay at Home Mum Reply To: Solo Business Owner & Stay at Home Mum

PPL Education
  • Total posts: 15
Up
::
bb1, post: 204188 wrote:
As per gizmo, i am not a woman.

But I am in exactly the same boat, and you will find that there a quiet a few males in the same position. In my case a single dad of 2, and your schedule is always thrown out the door by what ever the joys of parenthood throw at you.

I have found in my business that the best approach is be upfront with your clients first when they come on board, and always as things come up.

The majority of clients will understand as long as you keep them informed with what is happening, and that they feel you will be there to help them as soon as you are available again. Dont keep them in the dark.

In the last 6 years, I have only lost one client because of having to juggle work and kids, and at the end of the day if they don’t understand your drivers, you don’t want them as a client.

Many thanks Bert for your reply. I totally agree with what you say. The main issue I have is that most of my clients are corporate and to be honest they are much more cut throat which is why I feel the pressure I do. I have always been open however some people (particularly those who don’t have kids) don’t care about your problems at home, they just want the job done. It’s a tricky balancing act. Thanks again!